CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy New Year from John Singer Sargent




I want a burger for lunch, but I should have a salad instead.

Indulge if you will, in the gargantuan chasm between Sargent's titanic, eternal work and my stupid, diabolical, insigificant production artwork below, lol.


UPDATE: Realized I'd used the chair painting before so I used another of his pieces, the Daughters of Edward Darley Boit. Here's a little more from Wikipedia, including links:


 The painting depicts four young girls, the daughters of Edward Darley Boit, in their family's Paris apartment. It was painted in 1882 and is now exhibited in the new Art of the Americas Wing of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. The painting hangs in between the two tall blue-and-white Japanese vases depicted in the work; they were donated by the heirs of the Boit family.[2]
It has been described as "Arguably the most psychologically compelling painting of Sargent's career".[3] Though the painting's unusual composition was noted from its earliest viewings, initially its subject was interpreted simply as that of girls at play, but it has subsequently been viewed in more abstract terms, reflecting Freudian analysis and a greater interest in the ambiguities of adolescence.[4]



Still, this is unbelieveably sublime, whereas my art's just slimy, lol.