CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rebeca Delgado, King Kong and the Shrine Auditorium



All five of you know about my obsession with King Kong. What you don't know was that they shot this scene in the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.

It's a very beautiful place inside and out, even today...






...and it became even more beautiful as yesterday my daughter Rebeca received her BFA in Screenwriting from the School of Cinema in the Shrine auditorium, right across the street from the campus. 

So, it's poetic to me that Rebeca begins to really live in the place where Kong began to die. Perhaps this is silly, but life threads that weave together like this really move me, especially when it has to do with one of the most important people in my life.



CONGRATULATIONS, REBECA!
I LOVE YOU!

DAD