CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Friday, September 13, 2013

Me, My Dad and John WIlliams



My Dad took me to see John WIlliams at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago, and as all five of you know, I'm strangely obsessed with Mr. Williams' music since he scores most of my favorite films of all time, and I can't tell you how much of a treat it was to sit with my Dad and listen to Mr. Williams' music as the night fell over the Hollywood Hills.


They played a tribute to Henry Mancini before the intermission, then got serious and played lots of Indy and Star Wars stuff, along with some ET, but no Jaws, Close Encounters, Jurassic Park or Harry Potter.
They played Marion's theme from Raiders, as well as the IMperial March and Yoda's theme from Empire, but most of the magic that night involved a son sitting with his dad and listening to the music that made his career and yet in a Peter Pan kind of way kept the child inside him alive to this day:)



Dad, I appreciate all that you've done for me throughout the years, and even today, and I thank you for  all of the love, counsel and guidance you've given me.

May the Force be with you, always.

Love,

Ricky


The Imperial March...


...and some Indy...

:)