CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Thursday, May 15, 2014

HR Giger

HR Giger passed away a few days ago, and I wanted to express how much his work influenced and inspired me as a kid. I found his work in a book about the making of Alien, the 1979 film, and I was impressed as to how much his work influenced the final film. Here's a few images that I thought of when I heard of his passing:


That's an airbrush he's holding as he works on the alien hieroglyphics, which I thought were so cool in the film.



Here is his crowning glory, his design of the alien, which has never been duplicated in terms of originality, in my opinion.




A lot of people don't know that Giger designed AND sculpted the Space Jockey from that film, again something that we simply had never seen before on film.

RIP

HR Giger