CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ron Howard's version of the Alamo




I worked on the Universal lot on this film, which ended up being made by another filmmaker, but for Imagine and Disney, if I'm remembering correctly. I think Tom Hanks was going to play Davey Crockett and Russell Crowe was gonna play John Wilkes Boothe... no, I don't remember lol, but they were involved because of Howard, and once he pulled out they bailed as well. I think one of the bones of contention was over the level of violence, where Ron wanted a musket to hit someone, then blow out the other side of the torso, and Disney wanted people to just fall over dead like in more straightforward action films. At least that's what I remember nearly ten years after.
Oh, well. Anyway, I boarded the whole siege at the height of the picture, and had loads of fun.