CONTACT

You can email me at ricardodelgadoart@gmail.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I love you

It's not often you hit seventeen, and so today I remember when I walked along the beaches of Tortuga island with you, but you were a baby in my arms...



And then you got older and we explored Crystal Cave together...




You grew out into a fine young boy and we went up to Haleakala on Maui and I walked along the rim of a volcano with my one and only son, and the crater was the second most spectacular thing that day, after you of course...






A few years later, the challenge of Moro Rock then beckoned, and you and I were up to it....




Meanwhile you had gotten even taller, but you still had to grow a couple of inches to catch up to your Pops while we conquered the dang thing together...



That climb was a killer, wasn't it? But we did it, together, father and son, and more importantly, friends. It's stuff like that which I will treasure forever, but it was the company not the adventure that I valued more.



Whatever the climb is, in life or vacation, you'll have me right behind you, whether you want me there or not at the moment, lol. You will grow and you will be taller than me in both stature and as a person, and you and I both know what I mean by that, in all honesty.

My adoration for you knows no bounds.
I revel in the times I was there for you, and loath myself for the times that I failed you, but that is for me to deal with, not you, lol.

Enjoy your day and just know that I remain your humble, loving servant for the rest of whatever life God gives me.

Love,

Dad